martedì 11 marzo 2014

Teaser Tuesday #4: The Painted Veil


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • * Grab your current read
    * Open to a random page
    * Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    * BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
    (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! 
    You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
    * Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday 
    participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm reading The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham



‘I loved you so much, I didn’t care. Most people, as far as I can see, when they’re in love with some one and the love isn’t returned feel that they have a grievance. They grow angry and bitter. I wasn’t like that. I never expected you to love me, I didn’t see any reason that you should, I never thought myself very lovable. I was thankful to be allowed to love you and I was enraptured when now and then I thought you were pleased with me or when I noticed in your eyes a gleam of good-humoured affection. I tried not to bore you with my love; I knew I couldn’t afford to do that and I was always on the lookout for the first sign that you were impatient with my affection. What most husbands expect as a right I was prepared to receive as a favour.’

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...